Almost everyone loves a good piece of cookie at any time of the day! It was my younger sister who actually came across this recipe a few years back which includes a secret ingredient and we fell in love with this recipe right away! The secret ingredient is the addition of cream cheese in this recipe which really gives these cookies a kick to and makes them extra moist and soft-centered.
These cookies have not only been a part of LSE’s Fresher’s Fair but have actually been sold in the streets of Oxford to raise funds for a local charity last summer! It was part of my summer school at Oxford Spires to come up with a small entrepreneurial idea to raise some funds and what better than baking!🍪 I ended up baking 89 cookies in one night! The most satisfying moment is when you actually see random people enjoying your bakes!
The best part is that you can prepare the dough up to three days in advance of any event and all you need is a couple of minutes in the kitchen to bake these goodies!
Yields approx. 3 dozen cookies (Depending on the size)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature (Full Fat preferably )
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Using an electric whisk, In a separate bowl cream together the butter, granulated white sugar, light brown sugar, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture, beating to combine. At this point the mixture might get hard to whisk using electric whisk as it will start getting sticky so it is fine to use a hand whisk or spatula
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Use a plastic wrap to cover the dough and refrigerate it (for a minimum of 2 hours up to 3 days ( It does make a difference if you refrigerate it for longer)
- Pre heat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper/ Baking Paper
- Place 2- to 3-tablespoon mounds of dough onto the baking sheets (or make small circles from dough and place them) spacing the mounds at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown. (I know it seems too less for baking time but trust me that’s just the amount of time you need to bake these soft cookies!)
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 2 minutes then take them out of the baking tray and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
Do give these cookies a try! They are totally worth it! Beware: you might never try just ‘one’ cookie :’) Hope you enjoy and do leave your feedback!
#HappyBaking #AmarBakes #chocolatechipcookies #cookies